|As Spring seems to be coming earlier this year, nature is coming back to life with warmer temperatures and longer days. Shifting seasons are directly linked to warmer global temperatures. A slight change in temperature and climate is enough to push the spring thaw earlier.
To celebrate this early Spring, your Wasaga Beach Climate Action Team (WBCAT) is happy to invite you to several events:
- April 15/16, Come and meet with WBCAT at the Home & Garden Show, at the Wasaga Beach Recplex, your opportunity to engage with WBCAT volunteers and discuss climate actions Click here>> HOME & GARDEN SHOW
- April 16: WBCAT Survey: Time is running out. Fill out our questionnaire by noon on Sunday April 16th. For your effort, your name will be entered for a chance to win a $100 GIFT CERTIFICATE to one of our green-certified businesses. We will announce the winner at the Home and Garden Show at the Recplex on Sunday April 16th. Click here>>> WBCAT QUESTIONNAIRE
- April 22: Celebrate EARTH DAY with WBCAT at the Clearview Eco-Park Community Garden, FREE outdoor activities, live music, educational guest speakers, local crafters & food vendors. Bring the whole family- pets welcome! Click here>>>EARTH DAY
- April 30: Participate to WBCAT Community Wide Shoreline Clean-up, meet us at Beach1 , from 9:00am to 12:00pm (Community Service Hours credit available for secondary school students) – Click here>>>SHORELINE CLEAN-UP
- April EARTH MONTH: Order before the end of April andSave up to 40% on Tru Earth Laundry Strips and other green products. Help the environment and support the Wasaga Beach Climate Action Team’s fundraising. Tru Earth has a vision to reduce the number of plastic laundry jugs that end up in landfills every year. Click here>>>TRU EARTH SALE
- June 3: Get out on the trails this International Trails Day for Trail Tunes, a collaborative, regional event connecting over 100kms of trail and rich musical culture between Wasaga Beach, Collingwood, and Clearview Township. Taking place on Saturday, June 3rd from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Click here>>>TRAIL TUNES
- Take the WBCAT Carbon Footprint Challenge: It is very easy, in less than five minutes and a few clicks, you’ll receive a snapshot of your household carbon footprint and it will suggest what actions you can take to lower it. Click here>>>CARBON FOOTPRINT CHALLENGE
Get outdoor, spring is a good time for climate action.