Tony Mintoff – Tiny councillor
from Midland Mirror
I am a recently retired father and grandfather with a love for music, motorcycling, family and friends, and a passion for public service. I am running to serve you, as township councillor.
With 40 years of public service, I am in a unique position to bring a new, yet experienced voice to council. As past fire chief in Ajax, Markham, St. Catharines and most recently here in Tiny, I have a diverse range of experience in municipal governance and administration.
Working for the township for the past six years has given me a clear understanding of the issues and challenges we face. I pledge to represent the interests of ALL Tiny residents in a non-partisan, impartial and objective manner.
My platform is based on three pillars of sound municipal management:
Effectiveness, Efficiency and Affordability
I plan to use my analytical and critical-thinking skills to help council make informed and intelligent decisions, for the right reasons.
If elected, I will focus on the following issues:
1. Increasing employment opportunities for Tiny’s residents by attracting commercial businesses and environmentally friendly light industry. We need full-time jobs with a decent wage and benefits.
2. Expediting upgrades to services, most importantly high-speed internet and cell reception. Too much of Tiny is underserviced or lacks service completely. Businesses cannot survive without these basic services.
3. Enforcing bylaws proactively instead of being complaint-driven. Bylaws such as Property Standards and Clean Yards are key to making and keeping Tiny a beautiful place to live.
4. Providing one free annual parking pass to each household: Tiny residents should have preferred access to the many natural features, such as major beach parks, which we pay to maintain.
5. Renting non-motorized watercrafts at major beach parks, such as kayaks and paddleboards, to promote healthy, active lifestyles.
6. Championing a cost-saving program that encourages staff and residents to suggest ways to deliver our current services in a more efficient manner.
I will be sharing more thoughts, ideas and discussion points on my upcoming Facebook page. Watch for it!
In the meantime, I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-528-9669.
Tony Mintoff, Candidate for Tiny Councillor