Paul Raymond — Tay Ward 1
I live at Paradise Point, in Port McNicoll, and have since 2002. I am an avid volunteer and a successful entrepreneur and business owner with a background in IT, logistics, auditing, management and analytics. I am a team player that understands that overall success is not based on the ability of a single person but is based on the collective ability of a team. I appreciate candid discussion and do not retreat if that discussion gets uncomfortable.
My objectives if elected:
1) To work at removing some of the barriers that prevent residents from receiving the full services that they are due. An example would be the new hours of service for the Tay library system.
2) To encourage township staff to provide better oversight and communication regarding projects being done in and around Tay Township, especially those using taxpayer money.
3) To investigate the high cost of providing municipal water in Tay Township and report back to the residents. No one has ever explained why our costs are so high compared to other municipalities of similar size and geography.
4) To look into a public launch ramp in Port McNicoll. Another subject that residents have been asking about but has never been formally addressed to anyone’s knowledge.
5) To work with all relevant stakeholders, including CIM and the owners of the S.S. Keewatin, toward revitalizing Port McNicoll and encourage more visitors.
6) To work on the unification of Tay Township residents, by encouraging the four area villages (Port McNIcoll, Victoria Harbour, Waubaushene and Waverly) as well as rural Tay to create, promote and participate in combined events involving our communities and our service clubs.
7) Most importantly, to represent my constituents to the best of my ability in all matters that will come before council, and to keep residents informed by way of town hall type meetings at least once a year.
Paul Raymond, 128 Paradise Ave. Port McNicoll, L0K 1R0 705-543-9858, firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.facebook.com/PaulRaymondForCouncillor/