Saturday April 14: All Nations Water Ceremony in Tiny
From Waasekom Niin
On April 14th, 2018 All Nations will be Gathering on the Worlds Purest known Aquifer in a form of extended ceremony for the Water.
It will be an all-day event leading up to the ceremony:
• Information sharing about the Alliston Aquifer
• Guest speakers including Josephine Mandamin Autumn Peltier, Candace Day Neveau, Becky BigCanoe, Liz Osawamick, Tasha Beeds — we are awaiting confirmation of more speakers.
• Setting Intentions and Prayer Poles led by Elizabeth Brass Elson of Dumpsite 41 & WaterWalkers from For Earth & Water Walk 2017
• Stephanie Peltier will lead a dance from a dream she received. Women are asked to participate in this dance and be prepared by wearing skirts, jingle dresses or traditional clothing. We are hoping for about 200 dancers or more.
• Josephine Mandamin will then lead the water ceremony inside the circle we are creating. The ceremony itself will be continuous singing and prayer for the water contained in all the copper vessels. Everyone is required to bring a copper vessel.
• A feast will follow at the Waverly centre
**More details will be provided as to the ceremony, the logistics and event details in coming days**
**Everyone is asked to bring a copper vessel with them, a feast bundle, a reusable water jug, and a contribution of food or donation to cover costs of the feast**
**Please plan for rain and cold weather. DRESS WARM, bring an umbrella, a blanket or lawn chair for this outdoor event. It will go on rain or shine**
**We kindly ask for your understanding in that this event is not a protest or political rally. It is a ceremony intended to bring about healing through the water, to lift each other up, and to create greater awareness**