Turning off the lights for an hour doesn’t really accomplish much. If you want to really make a difference there are some small things you can do every day to make a difference:
1. Stop using/buying water in disposable bottles.
2. Pack waste free lunches
3. Turn of lights in empty rooms.
4. Switch to energy efficient lights.
5. Turn off computers and and electronics when not in use. NOTE: if the device has a little red light that is light it may be burning as much electricity off as it does on.
6. Dig up some lawn and plant flowers and vegetables.
Don’t just sit there, do something to help the planet.