Mike Lauder – Penetanguishene councillor
from Midland Mirror
Hello, my name is Mike Lauder.
Having a cottage in beautiful Georgian Bay for 23 years, we made Penetanguishene our home in 2010. Immediately, I wanted to become involved and help drive this great community.
In 2014, I was honoured to be chosen as one of your Penetanguishene Councillors. Thank you.
I hold both Bachelor of Science and Education degrees. However, the common sense and leadership skills developed from my 30 years as a small business entrepreneur formed my core values.
I believe that truth and honesty are important qualities for being your representative.
– I was Vice-chair of the Planning and Development department and a member of the Official Plan Steering Committee
– As Council Chair of the Downtown Improvement Committee and the Trails Committee, I helped guide the rich development of our Main Street and Rotary Champlain Wendat Park. I was responsible for the right-hand-turn lane from Main Street to the Thompson Road West extension.
– I served on both the Severn Sound Environmental Association and Severn Sound Sustainability, protecting our excellent water systems and the Climate Change Action Plan.
– I am responsible for introducing Pickleball to our community and bringing 4 new outdoor courts to McGuire Park.
My future goals include…
– Recruiting more family doctors and establishing a walk-in clinic in our town.
– Expanding the Penetanguishene transit system and improving our road conditions.
– Attracting new business to provide greater employment opportunities.
– Introducing a Business and Residential Incentive Program to grow and enhance our Town.
– Maintaining property taxes at their lowest possible level.
This is our home! Let’s make Penetanguishene the best small town ever!