John Betsworth — Severn Ward 3
from Orillia Today
Hello, my name is John Betsworth and I am the current Ward 3 councillor in Severn Township.
A resident of Severn for 22 years, 12 of those years in Ward 3, I have 30 years of business management experience and have volunteered at Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital for 12 years.
As your councillor, my job is to represent Ward 3 in a “progressive, positive and productive” manner.
I’m excited about the accomplishments during this last term in office.
• In 2018, our team achieved the smallest tax increase of .37 per cent of all 16 municipalities in Simcoe County.
• We have been fiscally responsible with your hard earned dollars.
• Approved a five-bed hospice in Ward 3, right behind Orillia Square Mall.
• Organized and led a very successful Canada Day 150 celebration in Ward 3.
• Installing new signage in our village and hamlets.
• Continue as a member of the Orillia and District Agricultural Society (ODAS) Park Fairgrounds Board
• Participate in the Marchmont ratepayers’ annual general meeting and community events.
I have a number of items to tackle, with your help, during my next term.
I am presently trying to stop a proposed new 300-acre aggregate quarry in Severn Township. We don’t need more trucks on our roads, more dust, noise, and vibration. We must protect our environment, our ground water, the air we breathe and conserve our open spaces. This will not happen on my watch if I can help it.
I want to maintain and improve 410 kilometres of roads, and control speed limits.
As a member of the board of directors for the ODAS Park Fairgrounds, I am pleased to announce the creation of a new Winter Carnival Festival on Jan. 25, 26 and 27, 2019 that will provide some winter excitement and fun for families of all ages.
“Just doing what is right” leads to a more open and transparent government.
When you called, I took action.
Please return John Betsworth as Ward 3 councillor on Oct. 22 for dedicated, proven leadership.
Call John at 705-325-7191 or email email@example.com.