New Tec Ward 5 candidate David Wood
Allow me to introduce myself. I have lived in The Town of New Tecumseth, along with my wife of 41 years, since June, 1981. Both of our children were born at Stevenson Memorial Hospital and attended Banting Memorial High School.
I retired in April of this year. In June, I started attending the council and planning meetings to gain a better understanding and appreciation of what is involved in being a Councillor in New Tecumseth and an understanding of the dynamics of the Town. Being retired, I now have the time, that I believe is necessary, to devote to this position. After decades of volunteering and always willing to help out and do my part, I have the opportunity to continue to serve the community in this capacity.
Community Involvement- A volunteer for 35 years
• 1982-1986 Coach Minor Hockey and Baseball, Tottenham
• 1983-1985 President Men’s Slo-Pitch, Tottenham
• 1985-1989 Parks & Recreation Committee, Tottenham
• 1987-1990 President Minor Baseball (hardball and softball), Tottenham
• 1994-2001 Coach Minor Hockey and Baseball, Tottenham and subsequently TNT
• 2002-2004 Founding Member, Executive and Head Coach, TNT Football
• 2003-2005 Coach Football Banting Memorial High School, Alliston- Key Member Community Coaching Program
• 2005-2006 Head Coach Team Ontario U17 Football
• 2010-2014 Head Coach Football TNT
• 2013, 2014, 2017 Coach St. Thomas Aquinas High School, Tottenham
• Senior Logistics Manager North America
• Experienced Operations and Logistics leader who has developed and managed complex national operations and logistics networks
• Guest speaker at numerous conferences and team building seminars
• Sales Manager
• Acadia University, Nova Scotia- areas of concentration- Recreation and Business
• Beaconsfield High School, Quebec
I am interested in this position because I believe that my business knowledge and experience, along with my willingness to work hard and dedicate myself to see The Town of New Tecumseth manage its growth but still prosper, will be of benefit. As we say at TNT football- Hard Work, Never Quit! I am a team player who realizes that team work and respecting the decisions of council are paramount. I have a willingness to learn from Donna Jebb and consult with her to best represent the constituents of Ward 5.
I am prepared and willing to give the time to work with the public and other members of council to ensure that New Tecumseth remains the place that I am proud to call home.