Oro-Medonte all-candidates’ meeting
The Oro-Medonte Chamber of Commerce is once again holding a series of All Candidates Meetings. The purpose of these meetings is to provide a forum for candidates and voters to address important issues and exchange views and information.
October 2nd 7 pm 24 Mount Saint Louis Rd. W. Main Chalet
October 7th 7 pm Edgar Community Hall 1167 Old Barrie Rd. West
October 9th 7 pm Eady Community Hall 73 Eady Station Road
October 15th 7 pm Hawkestone Community Hall 3 Allen Street
- PLEASE NOTE: Your acclaimed Mayor and Deputy Mayor will be welcome to say a few words at the beginning of each meeting, however, they will not be taking questions during the question period.
- School Board Trustee Candidates will be invited to attend and take questions at all of the above meetings.
The meeting format will be as follows:
- Welcome and introductory comments by Chairperson
- Brief comments from acclaimed Mayor and Deputy Mayor if in attendance (1 minute each)\
- Introductory statements from the Ward Candidates and School Board Trustee Candidates (2 minutes each) Candidates from other Wards who are present will be introduced but will not make statements.
- Questions from the floor will be asked by the Chairperson. Only those questions that have been collected in written format by Chamber Volunteers, and sorted and directed by the Chairperson to specific Candidates, will be allowed. (30 second response time per candidate asked)
- Closing statements from the Ward Candidates and School Board Trustee Candidates (1 minute each)
Please contact the Oro-Medonte Chamber of Commerce at 705-487-7337 for more information.